- 07-Feb-2017 to 30-Apr-2017 (PST)
- Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg, DEU
Transsolar Academy 2017
Be part of a worldwide network working to maximize the impact of sustainable building design.
We invite you, a young architect or engineer, to be part of an international team in Germany for one year. We offer education and hands-on experience in Climate-Responsive Design which will augment your professional journey.
The program provides lectures, tutorials and project work. The comprehensive and practical training combines theoretical background with hands-on experience: working on projects in the company. Fellows will not only work with and learn from Transsolar staff and partners, but also learn from each other.
The Transsolar Academy offers a one-year fellowship in Climate-Responsive Building Design. We offer boarding in a shared flat (one room per person), money for all living expenses and insurance covered. German courses will be part of the program. We will choose 6 young foreign professionals living in the "majority world" OR living in Germany as refugees seeking asylum (or with approved asylum), with the goal of giving an additional education to support their career in future.
Please note: (Updated January 31rst, 2017)
Call for application is now open.
The submission deadline is Sunday the 30th of April 2017.
When and where?
The Academy will begin in End of September 2017. The Academy will take place in the Transsolar Office in Stuttgart.
Are you eligible?
Yes, if you are:
- A highly motivated young graduate
- A committed agent of creating a sustainable future through climate-responsive building design
- Fluent in English
Yes, if you have:
- At least an undergraduate degree, or the equivalent
- A record of accomplishment and ability to meet challenges
- A highly developed curiosity about building livable environments
- An eagerness to engage with our way of working
- An ability to tackle complex problems and develop creative solutions
Yes, if you possess these qualities:
- Determination to achieve your goals
How to apply:
Please create an account below to access the online application.
Apply online by answering questions for the first part of the application process. After creating your account you will receive an e-mail with username and password, that will allow you to log back in to complete your application at any time until the Closing Date or submission.
- Answer questions on personal background, language skills, education, professional experience and extracurricular activities
- Write a short MOTIVATION LETTER
- Upload a MOTIVATION BOARD: We want to understand what you are passionate about and how you envision your future. Maximum 2 pages are to visualize an example of a project you are passionate about, that you were involved in, and envisioning the future the impact you want to have.
- Define a Personal Project/ Research Topic
- Upload Curriculum Vitae without Portrait Picture and without Portfolio
For more information about the TRANSSOLAR Academy www.transsolar.com/approach/transsolar-academy
For questions please write to firstname.lastname@example.org